Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Trying to 'Get It'

Did you know?

That rude woman who just brushed past you at Walmart doesn't know how she is going to pay her rent this month.

That fellow school mom who is never friendly to you is hiding her husband's infidelity.

That coworker of yours who never steps up as a leader is struggling with secret addiction.

That friend you attend church with has committed the sin you just condemned as unforgivable.





Why do we think we have all the answers?

How is it that we define the mind of God based on our own, limited, human understanding?

I've had those days. Those bad, bad days. Where I had no choice but to face the world and my tasks in it. And I know I was not friendly to others. And I know I was not thoughtful of others.

And I thank my God for that grace that rained down on me from above on those days.

I've also had those other days.
Those judging, condemning, selfishly short-tempered days.

And I thank my God for the grace that rained down on me from above on those days.

Too.




We do not have all the answers.
We do not know all that another is facing.
And we do not hold their future. Or forgiveness. Or destiny. In our hands.

Who am I to claim that another is not forgiven?
Who am I to declare myself legislator?

We are called to love with Jesus Love.

Am I doing that?

Most days, humbly I confess, No.

God is calling me to live out my Faith. And His Love.

Pray I'll listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment