Sunday, February 12, 2012

Someone Else's Journey

My sister is hurting.

So many questions. Frustrations. Confusion.
Unanswered questions.
Unanswered prayers.

Why is it this way?
What am I supposed to do?
What's right? What's wrong?
How can I make things different?

And she calls me in tears.
And I cry right alongside.
Because I know.
It is a journey I have walked.
I know all. too. well.

I empathize. I encourage. I pray.
And I hang up.

And a part of my heart leaps in excitement.

I really do know I am weird.


I know I have an odd (in the eyes of many) view of God and my temporary journey in this realm.

I know I am vocal and that can make many uncomfortable.

I know that I get frustrated with the status quo and get annoyed at my own frustration.


And my weirdness causes my heart to celebrate for my sister.


No, I do not celebrate her pain. No, I do not proclaim the joy in her hurting heart.

But, you see, I am on the other side.


I was there. Right where she is - standing on the precipice of a life changing journey.

Fearful to stretch out my hand to take the Mighty One extended to me.

Hesitant to walk into that dark abyss of the unknown with only Him at my side.

Uncertain of what lies ahead.


I was there. I know it all too well.


But, I celebrate because I know that should she muster up the courage to take that first step, what lies ahead for her is a Great Adventurous Love story that will...


Change. Her. Life.


So, I pause. And I pray. And I wait with baited breath. And tear-filled eyes.

Because I want her to know You as I know You.

I want her to experience the indulgent Love you offer.


I want her to know the euphoria of being relentlessly loved.


I know right now her heart hurts. And questions. And waits.

And she's embarked on a journey of which I refuse to rob her.


I will simply walk alongside.

Arms around.

Whispering to her out of the outpouring in my heart.

Grateful for the ringside seat to witness her Amazing Adventure.


2 comments:

  1. I get this. I totally get this. And you're right. As painful and difficult as it is, when the bottom drops out of our world, sometimes it is just what we need to see His love through clear eyes. Great post. I will say a prayer right now for your sister.

    ReplyDelete