Monday, February 13, 2012

Tantrums




What a whiny child I can be.

How often do we hear our children chime out the familiar anthem,
"If you loved me you would..."

Thus the message: Love = Getting My Way.

And, often, we as parents fall for that.

Thank Heavens our Father does not fall for that. Ever.

His wisdom astounds all as He never fails to give us what we need.
Not necessarily what we want.

I've asked for many a thing in my life and not received. And we all know hindsight is 20/20.
But in the moment I am too distracted by my deep-seeded desire to focus on His infinite and never failing wisdom.

Just. Like. A. Child.

And, like children, we throw tantrums and whine and weep and wail over not getting what we think is best and lament that "God doesn't love me!!"

And declare ourselves to be the Favorite when we are graced with those momentary blessings.
(Ugh that's a pet peeve of mine).

Like a true Father - like the perfect, original, Divine example of Fatherhood, God grants what we need.

And sometimes, what we need is a good, stern "No."

And, I will yet again, look back one day soon and see His amazing wisdom and strength in the face of my tantrum and be truly grateful that He could see past my outburst to the future that He has designed for me.

Just like a child...



No comments:

Post a Comment