Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Too Far

Without Winter I could not fully appreciate Spring. I love the seasons...

But...I've been a grump.

I could blame the weather, but I've kinda been taught a little too much to fall back on past excuses. I've been distracted, angry, resentful, judgmental, and envious at times.

All of these I know, but I continue to be plagued.

And then someone will say just the right thing at just the right time to welcome me back to reality.

I cannot be guilted into things very well. When I am stressed, it does me precious little good for someone to look at me in the midst of it and say, "You need to realize how blessed you are." My head knows I am blessed. But, when I am juggling jobs and bills and arguing kids, and schedules and external demands, it is hard to stop and think, "Wow! I've got it GOOD!"

I also take direction from know-it-alls with a grain of salt. Often, as a matter of fact, MOST of the time these 'all-knowing' friends are the ones who know the least about my life struggles day to day. I surely don't want instruction from them.

No, for me, my humbling comes in the form of a lesson learned most often from the unlikely source.

This week, it was simple statement from a friend, "I've come too far to turn back now."
Speaking of her Adventure with God. And the conscious decision to walk away from her old life. I heard in her voice the strength that comes only from a relationship with Him. A relationship I 've been blessed to walk alongside and witness.

And it humbled me.

Looking at this precious friend, taking one day at a time and seeking her Great Love in the day to day scenarios of life, I was humbled and jolted back to reality.

I cannot fall back into old excuses.
I cannot fall back into old mindsets.
And negativity.
And selfishness.
And world-focus.

I've come too far with Him to turn back now...

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend Nancy. Your journey with God is a blessing to many. Thanks for living your ups and downs on a billboard. When you walk in confidence of the truth that God loves you, we see him in everything. He is seen in success, failures and even the mundane. Your day to day becomes a brillant illumination where we all can see him who loves you so deeply. Thanks my friend. My love for you runs deep, like the love that has been given to me by our Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That you, Tquan. I love and miss you much. I appreciate more than I can say your words of encouragement to me. Thank you for taking the time to say them. Much love...<3

    ReplyDelete