Monday, February 20, 2012

Turning the Spotlight Around


Something has been stirring...

Deep, deep within...

A burning...

A searching...

A yearning to truly change the world...

And I've felt stifled and held back.
Shut down.
Ignored.

And Saturday I realized why.

Have you ever really longed to do something great?
Have you ever felt called by God to make a difference?
And then been too frustrated with your surroundings to make that difference? To do that great thing?

I have. And lately, I have feel that. Much.

Frustrated. Annoyed. Angry. Irritated.
Alone.

Truth is: I had gotten distracted.

One of the greatest weapons used against us is this distraction: To focus on others instead of ourselves.

It truly matters not what another is doing. Or not doing.

What matters is: what am I doing for my Great Love?
What am I doing to change the world?

And if the answer is: nothing - because I've been too frustrated with the world around me to muster up the gumption to change it - then I need to:

Shut up.
Step up.

And Change. Me. First.

Change Begins Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment