Sunday, January 9, 2011

I have to begin somewhere...

April 2009. The month my life changed. The month that began a journey I never imagined I would travel.

But...before I go down the path of sharing that journey, I want this first post to be my...hmm...Prologue I guess.

Because to be completely up front here, God began laying a foundation in my heart closer to three years ago. Sometime and somewhere along that time, God began to reveal to me a selfishness in my heart that did not know had rooted. Deeply. More deeply than I knew at the time. God called me to love. Sound simple? It's not. I had a hard time with that. Loving others always entailed a "what's in it for me" mentality. A give and take. God called me to love unselfishly. Ouch. Harder than it sounds. And He called me to do that with a specific friend who needed me at the time - who needed me to love asking and expecting nothing in return. And so I did - as best I could as the imperfect, selfish woman that I am. And through that friendship He began to change me. To challenge me. To prepare me...

So, before I share the journey of these last two years. How God has changed me to my core. How I have felt as if my very DNA has been altered, I want to make a disclaimer: Some of the things I have to say may be, let's just say, 'unsettling' to hear. Some of the things I want to share may be challenging, or difficult, or even altogether unbelievable. And so if you choose not to follow along, that is ok. You will not hurt my feelings.

But the real honest truth of the matter is that my life is simply One Giant Love Story. John Ortberg has said, "Your life is a story written by you and God." I would like to take that one step further and say that your life is one big LOVE story written by you and God.

I speak of God in real-life, in-the-moment terms. I refer to Him as the Great Love, the Love of my Life and Lover. And I want to share with you why. ALL of the why's. Because there are a lot. And He has laid it on my heart for a while now that it is time. Time to share my story. Time to be a Leader and lay down my life as a follower. Time to reveal to the world just exactly why I. Am. The. Favorite.

6 comments:

  1. I. AM. EXCITED! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is great. I can't wait. I'm working on a closer walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already looking for the next post...well written. I love the conversational tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing about your journey. I'll definitely be following along. Being unsettled has been a lifelong condition for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are about to be in my RSS feed with Google Reader. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete