Saturday, July 23, 2011

Listen

And act.

I pride myself on being a good listener. Sometimes, it can be a lonely place; to be the listener. I am blessed that my Great Love listens to me, even when I rant or cry or lament the same worries over and over.

Yet, it's when I listen that I become more fully blessed.

Yesterday, in my porch time, longing for direction and encouragement and peace, asking for those needs to be met, I pondered God's word and was at a loss as to which way to go. You see, I've been tremendously malnourished lately. Not feeding my soul like I should, and I was struggling with where to 'begin again.'

And "Joel" came to my mind.

Joel? Really? OT prophet Joel? Nah, that's not God speaking to me. That's just my ponderings on where to go today; a desire to wander off the beaten path.

"Joel"

No, really. My mind is messing with me. God, where will you lead me today...

Work, errands, housework, toe-painting...

End of the day.

"Joel"

OK, fine. I'll read Joel. But, I know my mind was just wandering this morning...

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten...You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed." (Joel 2:25-26)


You see what you get when you listen?

I removed my glasses, buried my face in my hands, and wept.

Oh, how God sees me and knows EX-ACT-LY what I need to hear from His Almighty Self.

Yet, don't just listen.

Do.


No comments:

Post a Comment