Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm a Junkie

I am a woman.
A mother.
A daughter.
A sister.

I am a teacher.
housekeeper.
accountant.
caregiver.
caretaker.
chef.
nurse.
handyman.
alarm clock.
and human napkin.

I am a second momma.
(and now a second grand-momma.)
the comic relief.
chief instigator of tongue-sticking-out wars.
a shoulder.
a hug.
an occasional chastisement.
a smile.
a tear.

I am a victim.
a villain.

And now a Victor.

I am a wounded,
walking,
talking,
stumbling,
fumbling,
sometimes grumbling
warrior
never quite out of the battle.

I am selfish,
whiny,
tired,
weary,
vain,
misguided,
unfocused,
lazy,
greedy,
and just plain stupid.

I am flawed and broken,
marred and scarred...

And undeniably Loved.

Standing on the auction block, beaten and bloody, I was sought, bought, fully paid for, and taken...

Then forgiven.

Then transformed.

Now...
I am sold out,
completely,
intensely,
possessed,
altered,
absorbed,
intrigued,
submerged,
unrestrainedly,
full-blown,
all-out
spellbound by the Love of my life.

I'm hooked.
addicted.
dependent.
high.

It's a high from which I never come down.

I'm a God's Love Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment