Wednesday, November 23, 2011

...I Don't Walk Alone


Yesterday, I've mentioned, was 'one of those days.'

Grumpy, tired, distracted, anxious, were all adjectives to describe me throughout the day. Not at my best, certainly. And I get terribly annoyed with myself when I allow the concerns of this world to become the forefront of my thoughts.

But, God has a way of making sure I get my mind back on track. Sometimes He does it with a gentle word from a friend. Sometimes it's a reminder from His love letters to me.

But, then sometimes, He whips out His enormous palette of out-of-this-world artistry and simply. shows. off.



This rainbow was so enormous that I couldn't capture it in one photo. It was right outside. And was THE brightest I have EVER seen. My kids and I stood there in awe, completely astounded at the beauty and enormity of it all.

And then, as I turned to go back inside, I saw this on the opposing skyline:




I'll pause for a moment to let you catch your breath.

Just when I think God cannot get any more amazing, He shows me just how much bigger He is than I give Him credit for.

What better way to refocus my heart back on the Great Love of my life than by showing off TREMENDOUSLY right in my own neighborhood?

So, you see, even on the down days, God is walking with me, seeing my needs, holding my hand, ready to step in at a moment's notice.

Things may not be the way I wish they would be. I am not as 'far along' as I thought I would be by now this year. And expectations I've had about people and circumstances were not fulfilled.

But my life is not my own. And the Great Love has a plan.

"I'm not where I want to be but thank God I'm not where I used to be!" ~Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment