Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mission



Today is my Birthday.

There is something about special days.

Milestones.

Markers in life.

And don't even think these momentous days go unnoticed by God. Yes, every day is created by Him and therefore a gift in and of itself. But, special events and occasions are special to Him as well. Just review the significance of the Passover, Feasts and Celebrations. You'll see that our God is a celebratory and occasion-honoring God.

I spent this morning doing my very favorite things:
Coffee
Front Porch
Morning Chat with my Great Love
And I thought about my life and what God has brought me through. Where He is leading and His calling on me. Honestly, not very different from any other day. I listened to His gentle reminding that while it is good for me to spread grace to the world around me, I need to accept His in my own walk a little more. And I renewed my commitment and deepest desire to live my life with one mission...

I have one goal.
I have one desire.
Truly.

I want everyone I know, meet, experience a moment in this life with - to
Know. God's. Love.

And, as you walk alongside me, I give you full permission to remind of this when those moments come that I am not walking in Love. Hold me accountable.

My prayer.
My goal.
My ultimate desire.

That you may know...

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." ~Eph 3:14-19

To know this Love.

It is Life-Changing
DNA-Altering
World-Transforming

It is Power.

So, as I prance around, tiara and all, celebrating today...may I slosh God's Love on all around me.

May you feel it. Be sloshed upon.

And slosh back...

No comments:

Post a Comment