Thursday, March 15, 2012

Who Are You Listening To?

I have amazing friends.

I have known this. It is not news. Yet, last week, I was overwhelmed with love surrounding me as I celebrated my birthday. I spent the week looking around me feeling loved by so many: so many well wishes, cards, laughter, hugs - all for me in celebration.

So, how is it that one negative a few days later can seem to negate all the positive?

Why do we listen mostly to those things which tear us down?

Yesterday = Bad. Day.
In my work.
In my personal life.
In my family.

Across the board - yuck.
Bad memories resurfaced.
Accusations accosted.
Lies told.
Justifications made.

I sat on my porch this morning, unable to utter words to the Great Love. Just sitting in silence watching the world awaken and trying to soak in a droplet of Grace.

And He read my mind. He read my heart.

And He reminded me...
...of truth:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."~Ps 139:13-14

' “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.' ~2 Cor. 12:9

"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." ~Phil 1:4-6

I know who I am. I know who God is molding me into being. I know what He's brought me through. I know how He has changed me.

And I will not let one negative (and false, mind you) accusation negate all the good - all the truth - stemming from God in my life.

I will not listen to the lies. I will not listen to the Accuser. I will not be torn down.

I will sit, soaking up a downpour of Grace, and remember the One who has written my name on the palms of His hands. (Isa. 49:16)

Because He loves me.
And that is all I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment