Friday, March 11, 2011

Sheep are Not Intelligent Animals

One of the things that annoys me the most about myself is my inability to stay focused.

Can I get a witness?

I am a bit grumpy. I feel tired. Strangely, I do not feel hungry. Yet I don't really feel 'good.'

I am sure that my body is de-toxing from all of the junk that has been shoved into it these last couple of months. And as my body adjusts, my mind and my spirit do too.

Strange. When I am feeling less than positive about myself, I automatically assume others are feeling the same.

And I know it is attack. I know that the accuser hates when we take the time to refocus our minds and hearts back to our Creator; the Author and Sustainer and Perfecter of our faith. And yes, in all honestly this is something we should do every day. But, our God knew from the beginning that we would have low attention spans, be easily distracted, and greatly in need of Direction. (Thus the reasoning behind calling us 'sheep'.) And He commanded and instructed Fasting to counteract those very negative qualities. A set-apart time to remove distractions, whatever they may be, in order to fix our eyes on Jesus.

So, I know that I will not "arrive" at some point with great knowledge and wisdom and insight never before unearthed. However, I am desiring to continue to know Him in a more intimate way. And I know - I know that I know that I know - that I will. I already am. Each day.

It is after all, Our Love Story.

And Love takes effort. And choices. And sometimes struggles. But, with Him, it is ALWAYS worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment