Sunday, October 30, 2011

Do Your Reason

It's been a while. I know. And I apologize. Life (as we like to call it) has overwhelmed me lately and while I have known that I need to be on here sharing and encouraging, I've found myself at the end of every day with really no words to share.

Before you fall out of your chair laughing, "Nancy?!? NO words?!?" - it's true.

I want to encourage. I want to uplift and be a light. A voice for faith.

I've simply been just overwhelmed. However, to re-adopt my two-year-old motto: "No Excuses" - I apologize.

A good friend said to me this week, "God put you here for a reason. Do your reason."

That being said...here goes.

To begin: a confession. To follow-up: a turn-around.

Confession: I've felt so worn out and weary and completely spent lately that I have not given myself and my spirit what it needs. I've been consumed with the needs and demands of those around me that I have neglected my own very real, very necessary, needs; both physically and spiritually. That's about to change; at least for a couple of soul-demanding weeks. I'll not lament what those needs are as they will sound like whines and I left that part of my past just there - in the past. I beat it, kicked it, dragged it out of town and shot it in the head and am determined that it shall not resurrect itself. I'll just end this by reminding some of you (who really need to remember) that it is ok - no, better yet, it is Godly - to take care of yourself physically and spiritually. In fact, if you don't, you find yourself with nothing left to give. And that, my friends, is where I am dangerously close to edging upon.

Turn-around: It's time for some blessing counting.

  • At the end of the day, I truly am blessed to be surrounded by so many people who desire my company and assistance and trust me with their needs as much as they do. There are times when my desire is not to be needed quite so much, yet it is a privilege to be counted worthy of walking alongside my friends, family, brothers and sisters, shouldering a portion of their burdens.
  • My family has a new (to us) vehicle. And, in reality, it is a better quality van than the one that was just totaled. We definitely came out on the winning end of that drama and I am grateful to God every time I get in it and start the engine.
  • I learned today that my blog has been read in 12 countries. Humbling.
  • New friends I have made on this journey have opened my eyes more clearly to the world around me and how touched by the hand of God I have been. He loves to challenge me daily to see others as He sees them and it is truly a gift for which I cannot thank Him enough.
  • Our family has a new member: Ngutse lives in Rwanda and we have adopted him through Compassion International. My children pray for him and his family every day and we are falling more and more in love with him.


I've spent a week pondering and meditating; knowing I am not following my calling to share and minister and walk this life as transparently as I can in order to encourage others. And I've ended each day with no words. Today, my eyes were opened to the connection between my weary heart and my calling; my needs and the needs of those around me.

So, today, I will get over myself and my (sinful) worries and my childish whines and I will do what God put me here to do.

I will do my reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment