Friday, August 10, 2012

Fog



Defeated.

Before you get up out of bed in the wee hours of the morning.

Long before the alarm clock sounds come the creeping footsteps luring me to awaken.
The unwelcome companion sidles up next to me in bed.
Begins to whisper.
Wins the battle against my slumbering mind.

I am awakened.

Already defeated.

Fumbling through the wee morning I find my dearest of friends, liquid manna, and stumble my way to the outside, barely enough daylight to make out the trees.
I hear deer in the woods.
I hear the first of the birds with their morning greetings.
I take a deep inward sigh, sip that first taste of heaven.
And am interrupted by the needs of another.

Again.  Defeated.

My day ahead is long.
The tasks within it are difficult.
I am tired.
My mind needs focus.
My heart is weary.

And I. Feel. Defeated.

But I am not.
Defeated.

I have not conquered.
But the One who has is within me. 
(Romans 8)

And today, I boast in my weakness so that His strength can shine through.

Sometimes you blog when the fog lifts and you can share God's insights into your life.
Other times you blog beforehand and trust God's Love to shine out of of the mist.

That's me.
Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment