Thursday, August 9, 2012

All I Want


Do you ever wonder what Heaven will be like?

As a child I always did.
I could not wrap my head around eternity.
Forever...
And ever....
And ever...

Definitely couldn't not fathom singing...
Forever...
And ever...

Because as a child, that's how I envisioned Heaven.
Everyone standing around singing old classic hymns for eternity.

As I aged I saw movies about Heaven (or the 'afterlife');
Others' interpretations of what eternity will be like.

I still pondered.
Satisfied with the conclusion that as long as I am on the 'Heaven-side of eternity' all will be ok.

And then.
Something changed.

My life changed.
Shattered.
Crumbled.
I fell.
Plummeted.
Crashing below.
And caught...
In the Arms of my Savior.

Something changes, in your mind and in your perspective, when your life crumbles beneath you.
For me, I fell in love.
Deeply.
Unimaginably.
Irrevocably.

And I was never the same.

A few months into this heart-changing event, I was talking to some friends about eternity.

In the past, I had always dreamed of what my mansion in Heaven would be like.
I had imagined streets of gold.
My focus was on what I would do.
What will it be like for me?

Now, my focus was different.
My desires were different.

I would be content to sit outside the gates of Heaven for a glimpse of my Creator.

Heaven, for me, will be but one thing and one thing alone:
Being with Him.
The Great Love.
My First Love.
The Captivator of my Heart.

I told my friends,
"I could not care less about my room in God's house.
I simply want Him all to myself."

One friend said, "That's very selfish of you."
(tongue-in-cheek)

And I said, proudly, "Yes it is."

But, the truth is:

Our God is so big, that I firmly believe we will ALL be able to feel that we have Him all to ourselves.

And that's truly all I want.

Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment