Monday, October 1, 2012

Reboot



Do you ever wish they made brain wash?

Something that you could use to wipe out all of the negative and do a clean sweep of your mind?

Fresh beginnings.
New perspectives.

Sounds great.

But, lately, my life has been a bombardment of negative.
From political arguments to fault finding people to judgmental attitudes to laziness to narcissists.
I. Am. Exhausted.

I know you understand.

And I've sat back for the last several days; tried to do less talking and more observing.
And breathing.

I need to do that more.
Breathe.

And let the world around me turn without me.
Nothing will fall apart if I simply take a step back.
And breathe.

It's not easy for an extrovert who's at ease when the center of attention.
But I need it.  

In my observations I've seen campaigns for 40 days of prayer and 31 days of new.
And it got me to thinking.
I need a time commitment like that.
But, just for me.
I need to mentally refocus.
And clear my head of all of the toxicity around me.
The world is the way that it is.
I need to be stronger to face it.
To raise my children to face it.

So, today is October 1.
Perfect time for a mental hiatus.
And I am committing the month of October to nothing but positivity.
And focus.

I am reading nothing but the Word of God for this month.
I am spending time with only those who uplift me.
And I will choose new people to uplift in return.
I will commit to not complain.
And I will ask you to hold me accountable.
I will set the boundaries against negativity.
And make Gratitude lists.

And breathe.



Reboot.

2 comments:

  1. Why yes, I DO love everything about this list. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me link to your page! I didn't even ask permission...oops...

    ReplyDelete