Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Treasure in the Quiet


In this time of persistent shouting over one another to be heard, 
I had decided I was in need of a little quiet time.
From myself.
I don't want to be another voice diligently striving to be heard over all others while living my routine little life.
Unchanged.

So, I decided to be quiet.
To be still.
To soak in life.
And my family.
And my Great Love.
And breathe.

And be quiet.

And then heartache struck.
And I lost my friend.
The one who told me to 'Do My Reason'
And it knocked me flat down.  And, I didn't want to get back up.
I was sad.  And I cried.
(Truth: I still do. Often.)
And I struggle(d) not only with not wanting to do my reason anymore.
But with no longer being sure of what my reason is.

Just another voice.
In an arena of screaming voices.
All making noise.
And none being heard.

It's amazing what can happen when we decide to hush.
Be still.
Be quiet.

It is then, we can actually hear.
And Listen.

And what we hear can be 
Life
Changing.

When I decided to hush, I was truly able to hear, so much more clearly, a call laid on my heart.
I've been on a journey.
Getting my life on track.
Providing for and taking care of my children.
Cleaning up financial disasters.
Making plans for the future.
And I would regularly worry, filled with anxiety.  And lament over the same struggle, time and time again.
Until I decided to hush.
It was then, I could hear.  And the message was so clear.  And beautiful.  And freeing.
It's all so simple!

How could I not see this before?

And I believe, with all of my heart, this is where God was waiting for me to be.

The fog has lifted.
The darkness is breaking with the dawn.
I know where He is leading me now.
And I am not sure when I have been this excited about what He has in store.

Freedom.
From worry.
From the ties of this world.
From the earthly strongholds that have chained me.
Freedom.
Is within reach.

And it all began.
With

Quiet.

So, I don't know how much more talking I will do.
I am still uncertain of my future as a blogger.

I just wanted to encourage you 
In a world of 
Voices
Shouting
Competing
to be heard

There is often great treasure in 
Quiet.

1 comment:

  1. very well written; very insightful. I am always so encouraged and inspired by your writing. I love how transparent you are about your struggles, but then you are quick to offer the hope and encouragement that He offers in His Word.

    I love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete