Monday, February 14, 2011

Potpourri

I thought I was done. I am sure you are hoping that I was. But, this morning this was burning on my heart and I know beyond a doubt someone out there needs this or God would not have given it to me.


Question #1 - Husbands, are you loving your wives the way Christ loved and selflessly gave Himself for us? Are you serving her as your priceless bride that you fought the dragon for in her rescue? Or are you searching for fulfillment and validation outside of the home - even in 'good' ventures such as service work, education, hobbies or community? Your wives are looking to you for the earthly example of the Love of their Creator.


Question #2 - Wives, are you encouraging and supporting your husbands in all they do to provide for your family? Are you making sure he knows his value as the leader of your home? Or is he perhaps lacking in validation from you therefore prompting him to look elsewhere for that value? Husbands desire to be valued in the eyes of their wives more than they can express.


Now - onto my Valentine's Day Cheeriness:


1. An early bird Angel-girl too excited for the day's activities to sleep

2. Leaving the house on time

3. Listening to my Buddy prepare for buying his little sister a Valentine gift from the Book Fair

4. Watching as he gives her that gift and watching her face light up

5. A surprise in the mail from my awesome friend Vena! (She reads my mind - or better yet - listens when God shares His mind with her. She rocks!)

6. Yummy supper with the two little Loves of my Life

7. Finding out someone was planning a Valentine Surprise for me! I care not in the least that it did not work out. Simply the knowledge that a treat was being planned for me fills my heart with joy.

8. Fudge Pie

9. Butterfly kisses

10. Heart to heart chats with my Buddy at bedtime

11. BEDTIME!

1 comment: