Thursday, April 12, 2012

Three. Years.

Milestones.
Occasions.
Accomplishments.
Events.

Birthdays.
Anniversaries.
First words.
First steps.
First kisses.

All Markers. Experiences.
Milestones.

A lot can happen in three years.

Think about it.
I've thought about it a lot over the last week.
Jesus ministered on this earth for three years.
Wow.
Puts my last three years in a bit of a deeper perspective.

Three years ago this past weekend was the night my life changed forever.
Turned upside down.
A question asked.
An answer I never expected.
And hours upon hours...
leading into days upon days...
and weeks upon weeks...

of tears.

As I sit on my porch and reflect, for God celebrates Milestones right along with us, I must sit and remember:
Pain makes me appreciate comfort.
Tears make me appreciate laughter.
Solitude makes me appreciate friendship.
Heartache makes me appreciate joy.

I stumbled across a series of e-mails I had written over the course of 2009 to one particular person. Honestly, these were details that I had forgotten. Or, at least, had tucked away into a far recess of my memory. But, reading these messages brought it all back to surface. Flooding.
But, surprisingly, not in a devastating way.

That was the event, leading to the year, that would change my life.

Forever.

I mean it.

It was the end of 'me.'
God would not let me wallow.
There was no 'why me?'
There was no pity party.
He asked me to walk with Him down a path of self-discovery.
And instead I found Him.
And that was all I needed.
He was Enough.

There is no going back.

Once you've tasted of the fruit He has to offer, none other can compare.

So, as I remember, solemnly (because, let's face it, it was not a particularly pleasant experience), I close my eyes and bask in 'Favorite' status.

He loved me enough not to let me stay in the status quo.
He loved me enough to call me out of my selfishness.
He loved me enough to allow me to walk in the deepest of valleys...

Knowing I would find Him waiting there for me.

1 comment:

  1. I know you don't believe this but because you are my daughter, my hurt is almost as deep if not as deep because of what you have been put through, and I am so grateful that our Leader was there for you.

    ReplyDelete