Saturday, June 9, 2012

One of Those Days

Just beginning to take a breath.


As my Aunt Joann says: "B-R-E-A-T-H-E"


Hullaballoo of latest injury has quieted down.
Although every time they drive away I holler,
"Be Careful!"


As if they won't be careful if I don't holler that in their general direction.
*sigh*


My drama has been subdued.
Daily tasks continue.


And then another left-field blow.
This time pain hits another's camp.
And the wind abandons sails again.
And when we love - our sisters, our brothers, our family - our hearts ache right along with them.
Sometimes there are no words.
There is no comfort.
There are only tears.


Then
Alone in the house, appliances humming with their assigned duties of easing my work load.
I foolishly turn on the evening news.
Violence.
Terror.
A child, exactly my son's age, gunned down while playing in the street of his village.
Having all I could handle for the day.
The week.
Face in hands.
I wept.


There are days
When heartache overwhelms
When pain becomes oppressive
When brain and heart
Cannot
Stand. Another. Thing.


Lord,
Please Come Quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment