Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love Songs

How have you experienced God?


Those who have (from our earthly perspectives) sinned much tend to have a greater appreciation for the forgiveness of  their Savior than others who've lived fairly rule-following lives.


Those who've felt the sting of abandonment and loveless relationships have a deeper grasp of the bottomless well of Love our Father offers.


There is a reason God has so many names in the Bible.
There is reason He tells Moses He is "I AM."


He is many things.
He is all things.
All that is good. And lovely.  And desirable.  And worthy of praise.


There is reason I call Him the Great Love.


To me, He is just that.


My Great Love.
The Passionate Pursuer of my heart.


I've heard it recently said that a song which one could sing to a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, significant other, could not possibly be considered worship to our God.
Songs such as this...


Hold Me


Honestly, that kind of hurts my heart.
I am not saying my brother in faith is wrong.
Our perspectives are just radically different.


I know that God has been relentlessly desiring my heart for my entire life, but the true chase was on in the Spring of 2009.  That's when we met.  
Face to Face.
Heart to Heart.
Tear-stains to Tear-stains.


And I'm telling you, 
He held me.


That's been my experience.





We refer to Him as 
Father.
Savior.
Redeemer.
He tells us He is Love.

Every love song I hear is a Love Song to my Savior.



I cannot ever again hear another love song on the radio and NOT think of my Savior.
The I AM.
My Great Love.


For,

I've told you mine is a Love story.

So is yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment