Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The World is Not a Stage

I want to be real.


I want to be transparent.


I also don't want to be one of those people who airs out every ounce of their life's drama on their social network of choice.


By nature, I am an optimist. 
I learned that a few years ago.


But, also, now and then I need a reality check.


Mine came this week along the lines of: Motives.
I like encouragement.
I like to be strengthened.
I like to feel loved and valued.


But, believe it or not, I like my toes stepped on.
In love.


I need it.
My soul deeply longs for it.
Because it feels good?
Not.One.Bit.


But, because it keeps me growing.
It keeps me moving.
It challenges me.
It also strengthens me.


And I have precious friends who step on my toes often.
In love.


No one wants to be punished.
Yelled at.
Humiliated.
Tossed aside.
Judged.


But a little conviction in love is needed.


This week, mine has been on motives.
Why do I do what I do?
I know my heart.
I really do.
But, am I showing my heart?
Am I using my gifts to the best of my ability?
Am I being more than a voice?
Am I being a help?
A comfort?
A shoulder?
A helping hand?


Or am I just being one big loud mouth?


Matthew 6:1-15



Just a little reality check.
It's good to keep in check.
To sit myself down, take a good long look in the mirror, and make sure...


Remember:
No More Excuses
No More Status Quo


I ask God these tough questions and He does answer.
Always.
Not always the answer I desire to hear.


But if it's the answer I need, then I trust it.
After all, it's all about the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment