Friday, June 22, 2012

Inviting the Invitation

There is a reason.
There is a why.
For yesterday's post.


I've been there.
And I've stood in the center of the barren, dusty, lifeless wasteland remaining after the atomic blast of the adversary.
And I've looked around.
In Awe.
And Shock.
And wondered,


"What. Just. Happened?"


Folks, there are reasons.
There is no "out of the blue".
Really.
If we are honest with ourselves.


And, if you've followed me and recall, I took a good.hard.look. at myself.


Excuses:
"I'm doing the best that I can."
"If he would just..."
"I'm so tired."
"I'm so neglected."
"I...
"I...
"I..."


It would have been easier to blame.
And hate.
And lash out.


(If I confess, truly, I have done those things).


But-


I did NOT do the best I could.
I neglected.


And I left that door open.
Wide.


For the Invitation to even be extended.


Wives: Honor your husbands.
Gossip, Idleness, Lust, and Tearing Him Down do not Honor him.


Husbands: Love your wives.
And Lust, Neglect, and Selfishness do not show Love.


I should know.
Take my word.
Learn from me.


There is no such thing as


Harmless Flirtation with the Enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment