Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I've had a rough evening. And I've said it before, God loves me enough not to let me wallow.
So, let me share some of the ways God has touched my heart and shown off today, so that I can steal away my adversary's thunder.

1. Servant-hearted men swiped my lawn mower (correction: one of my three non-working lawn mowers) several days ago, fixed it up, and returned it this evening in tip-top condition ready for use.

2. Praise-filled word that a dear friend's sister is being restored to better health after news, just yesterday, regarding hospice and "tough days ahead."

3. Looking intently into the tear-filled eyes of an elderly gentleman who shared words of scripture to comfort my weary heart.

That last one fills my eyes as well.

I may lose sleep. I may struggle with fear and anxiety as I shoulder a weight that seems too heavy to carry. But, God restores my soul; touches my heart in the gentlest of ways; reminds me that He sees me.

And gives me Grace to face each step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. I need to add a #4 to the list: Sometimes what seems like a really rough moment isn't as bad as you think after all. Thank God for the people He's placed in my life.

    ReplyDelete