Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mementos

You know, we all have those momentous events which shake our foundations and from which our lives change. But, sometimes, we get those tangible reminders of those moments.

I faced quite a challenge this past summer. Toward the end of a difficult week, I took my children to the Drive-In Theater. And as we were playing frisbee and snacking and waiting for the movie to begin, I looked up and saw this ahead of me:


God painted me an amazing picture. And it was just the reassurance of His presence that I needed.

In the days that followed, my faith was shaken and I was tested in a new and profound way. In the weeks that followed that, God began once again to change and mold me more closely into who He needs me to be. I can say with certainty that series of events changed my life for the better. Changed who I am for the better. Made me look at myself and my purpose and the world around me with a little more clarity and focus.

I was skimming through my Facebook pictures for a new one to post as my profile picture when this one struck me strongly.

This picture is that tangible reminder of one of those life-altering events for me.

How blessed am I to have this visible, tangible, memento of that difficult yet growth-inducing venture.

I'll forever look at this remembrance of that sunset and know God's ever-present, never-tiring fight for my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment